Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Rosemary Redmond Steps Down from Weekenders

In Direct Sales land, I know of no one who carries herself with the regal demeanor of Rosemary Redmond, President of Weekenders USA. It comes as a surprise that she is stepping down after 23 years at the helm of this awesome company. Does it surprise me that she is doing it in April? No. I have heard her describe her beloved rose garden so I can only imagine she wants to enjoy the full benefit of the blooming season this year.

This lady can best be described as a woman who has led thousands of other women to "bud and flourish." She is skilled at it! What would a garden be without budding and flourishing? What would a woman be without budding and flourishing?

When I recall my brief adventure with Weekenders, I will always remember Rosemary's words, "Take your dreams off your wish-list and put them on your to-do list." Eloquent words they are. Words I kept repeating over the years. Words that I took to heart when we decided to search out a mountain cabin to put on our to-do list. Today, I have only a singe rose bush at our cabin. As I recall, the rose dealer got the start from her neighbor, Rosemary, and fittingly called it Rosemary's Rose. At least, that is what I will call it, Ms. Redmond!

Thank you for inspiring me to capture my dream and do something about it. This weekend we'll be traveling to our lovely hide-away on the Mount Baker Highway in Northwest Washington State. Far away from the bustle of the city, I will wander out in our quiet yard where the only sound is nearby Glacier Creek and the excited twitter of the neighborhood birds, and I will think of you, Rosemary, as I check how my single rose bush is faring.

God speed to you Rosemary--as you follow your heart. You are remembering to take time out to smell the roses!

2 comments:

MARLEE HUBER, Mayor of Directsalesville, Head Cheerleader at YeahMrO said...

Oops! I shouldn't do math in public! Rosemary started with Weekenders in 1988--that would be 20 years!

MARLEE HUBER, Mayor of Directsalesville, Head Cheerleader at YeahMrO said...

Oops! I shouldn't do math in public! Rosemary started with Weekenders in 1988--that would be 20 years!