Thursday, July 24, 2008

Friendship Building in Direct Sales

How do you work with a consultant? My upline, Cindy Kamrin, taught years ago when we began Noevir, "You have about one week to train a new consultant, then just be their friend."

I still remember that wise counsel. This week as I sat and had tea with a consultant who has been with me for twenty years, I reflected on that wisdom. She doesn't need any advice from me on how to work this business that she is really just launching after being a product user for all these years.

What she really needs is my friendship. It's as simple as that. Be her friend!

When you begin to look at your business partner as a friend--rather than someone you must train to become successful--then I believe your business really kicks into high gear.

Seek friendship and you will build an outstanding business.

Next week my husband and I are joining a new Vietnamese consultant and her husband at a Pho restaurant. We are building friendship--trust--caring--relationship. Out of that relationship will come a burning desire for building a profitable business.

People don't care how much you know--they want to know how much you care!

No comments: