Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Asking Questions--From Abundance or Lack?

In conversation with some consultants, we began discussing empowering questions. One of the women identified two questions that she frequently asks herself.

1. How can I get presentations?
2. How can I keep presentations from canceling?

As we considered these questions, we discovered that they come from a mindset of lack rather than abundance.

We began turning our attention to the topic of abundance. I suggested that everyone look out their window and identify what they see in abundance. In the Northwest, I see evergreen trees everywhere. What if I picture each of these trees representing one woman that could be at my next presentation? Rewrite the question from a position of abundance.

For example, let’s say you reserve every Tuesday evening for a presentation. Obviously, you need people. Look at the abundance of trees and see all the potential people that could sit around your kitchen table next Tuesday evening. You have 6 chairs. You must limit the number of attendees to those six chairs.

Now rewrite your question from the place of abundance bringing it down to the place of capacity—Tuesday night—six chairs filled with potential customers/consultants.

"How can I create so much enthusiasm for my Tuesday evening presentation that every week my 6 chairs are filled to capacity with excited guests who become promising new consultants and raving fans of Noevir?"

Begin to get in the question. Look at it. Analyze it.

Who begins the process for this packed house? You do!

What are you responsible for? Creating enthusiasm. So the question now opens you up to receiving creative ideas for generating enthusiasm that will make your Tuesday evening events irresistible. You may even need to post a security guard at your front door to limit the attendance.

Begin to ask the question over and over again morning, noon, and night.

"How can I create so much enthusiasm for my Tuesday evening presentations that every week my 6 chairs are filled to capacity with excited guests who become promising new consultants and raving fans of Noevir?"

No comments: