Monday, March 30, 2009

If you knew...

If you knew that you were to be promoted to a wonderful new position in your company in the next several months what kind of questions would you ask?

Would you ask--"Why does this always happen to me just when other responsibilities are heavy?" or "What if I get my hopes up about this promotion and then the whole thing goes south?" or "What if I can't maintain this new level?"

Or would you be crying, "Woohoo! How can I best prepare myself for this promotion with the added responsibility? or How can I be ready to give this new opportunity my best shot?" or "What do I need to know that will make me a more effective leader at this level?"

Every opportunity comes with the power to fear failure or exercise faith for success. They both--faith and fear--expect what is unseen to manifest itself. One expects dragons in the inkiness of midnight and the other expects miracles at sunrise!

What questions are you asking? Could it be that the questions you ask today--will either pull you forward into promotion or cause you to sink into failure. Maybe you really do call the shots!

It's worth pondering!

No comments: